Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Pins and Needles

This week, several of my very very best friends are coming to visit me here in San Diego, and nothing could make me happier (unless my sister came too). I'm so excited, and it's all I think about all day from the second I wake up and even in my sleep. Some of the best times I can't remember are with these friends and I feel like they're such a huge part of who I am today. To be reunited with these precious gems of my past just feels like coming home.
Lately, I have been trying to better define who I am. I think for anyone this is an impossible task, but I'm trying to start by figuring what I like. While most people have a list of favorites, hobbies, talents, and passions that define them, I am really rather nondescript. All I can start with is that I love the color Black (like my soul).
Introspection is definitely not my forte, but I'm going to try to scrape the surface of my emotional consciousness. So I'm going to share this journey with you, blog, and together we'll try to identify the rays of light that illuminate my life.
I'm leaving my beloved San Diego in two months. Every day, every minute, every nanosecond is so unbelievably precious. (Every last delicious taco!!!) I feel like for the first time, I'm living so completely in the moment and not even wanting to look ahead to what lies ahead. I just want to press pause and tread water and take it all in so that this feeling will never fade and everything that is San Diego will sparkle in my mind forever.
Please press pause with me!

2 comments:

  1. your soul is patent leather black...shiny and spunky and chic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahaha, helena.

    i like the introspection in this post! :D

    CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU... my heart is yearning!!!

    ReplyDelete