Thursday, April 14, 2011

Uterus Ejection Day

my life. the numblur.
there's a lot of shoulder in this photo.
AMFs.. they have done me in more times than I can even remember (because i don't remember)
Normally on a Thursday night, we would be at the dive bar depicted above. However, since we went two weeks in a row and we're going next week I made the executive decision to not go tonight. Instead, sake bombs and karaoke will be the themes of the night. I hope my voice doesn't give since everyone I know is currently the plague.
Today is my birthday! I took some Nyquil last night to ensure a good night's rest and to protect myself from the plague so this morning i was a groggy mess and fell asleep during the morning lab meeting. The nap was sooo nice, leaning against the warm window with the metronome of voices elaborating on scientific phenomena way over my head. After another coma-inducing lunch with my coworkers, I reluctantly carried out a few experiments and am now waiting to go to the pub!
Someone recently told me that their perception of me was that I am a party girl. I was not sure whether to laugh or be offended. As you can tell from my posts and photos, I do enjoy a good party, often. However, don't judge me by my strong liver and my affinity for loud music and dance! People like to talk, but I think the silver lining here was that person was surprised to find that I have at least several neurons not damaged by alcohol poisoning. I love to surprise people, so I will focus on the positive and ignore the rest.

1 comment:

  1. you are a dual-edged sword with your partiness and braininess.

    ReplyDelete